short installation note:
- You need at least PHP 4.3.0 for the compression to work
- To install on PHP 4.3.0 and later at the Unix command prompt type pear install bcompiler
- To install on Windows, until the binary package distribution mechanism is finished please search the archives of the pear-general mailing list for pre-built packages. (or send an email to it if you could not find a reference)
- To install on older versions you need to make some slight changes to the build.
- untar the bcompiler.tgz archive into php4/ext.(Get it directly from PECL » http://pecl.php.net/get/bcompiler)
- If the new directory is now called something like bcompiler-0.x, then you should rename it to bcompiler (except you only want to build it as self-contained php-module).
- If you are using versions before PHP 4.3.0, the you will need to copy the Makefile.in.old to Makefile.in and config.m4.old to config.m4.
- run phpize in ext/bcompiler
- run ./buildconf in php4
- run configure with --enable-bcompiler (and your other options)
- make; make install
- that's it.